Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blessing Number One...


COUSINS :Their really the brothers and sisters your parents didn't have.


My family is very close and I have lots of cousins. Even more second cousins and we all grew up together. Each one is important just because their family. Some of my cousins are a lot older then me and I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with them but you can see pretty quickly at family gatherings that we all have the same DNA. My two youngest cousins are the two I've spent the most time with because we're close in age and it's been a blast. Jason is the male version of me in a lot of ways. We think the same way and see things a lot alike. We also have the same sense of humor but fortunately I'm a lot shyer because the world may not be ready for the two of us. We also have our own opinions and differences and that's OK too. Jacob is younger but we share the same hand washing obsession and love of music. He's 17 years younger and always called me the "Cool" Cousin because when he was little I would take him places and do stuff with him. I'd also school him in basketball because he hated to loose and especially to a girl... I took it as my solemn duty to teach him he'd live. Hopefully I'm still living up to the "cool" reputation even though I'm now a mom and therefore a stick in the mud, I think he's forgiven me for the basketball :). I have special memories of each and every one and some secrets that I'll never tell - though I may have to share some pictures sometime- ;). What I really love about cousins at this age though is watching our kids grow up together. Jason has 4, I have 3. Jacob has a ways to go before he adds to the count but someday they'll join in the fun. These cousins... They look alike, They act alike, They fight like siblings and yet they have each others back when trouble comes. It's great to see another generation share in that relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment